Greg Cole and his growing team at Windward Performance recently sawed a hole in the wall of one of the seven hangars they occupy at Bend Municipal Airport to make room for their newest project: a non-motorized glider designed to soar to 90,000 feet above sea level. That would set a new world record for manned, wing borne, sustained level flight.
Last year drought in the Klamath basin delayed irrigation flows until mid-May. The water shortage meant millions of dollars lost from unplanted crops and rough economic ripples through an already beleaguered community. But irrigation started on time this year, and that has the area hoping for job creation.
The city of Lebanon will be the home of Oregon’s new medical school when the College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific-Northwest (Comp-Northwest) opens its doors to its 105 freshmen July 30. It will also bring dozens of jobs to a city that needs them.
Zeke Camusio is a serial entrepreneur and CEO of The Outsourcing Company, an Internet marketing agency in Portland. He recently gave a free SEO seminar at Portland Community College. Everyone from writers and bloggers to CEOS gathered to learn how to bring more customers to their websites.
- Methane digester projects progress
- Entrepreneurs bloom in the Gorge
- Putting Craigslist on top of Twitter
- 7 rules of extreme time management
- The recession is finally over in Oregon
- On the Scene: Intel exec calls for ed investment
- On the Scene: Entrepreneurs Anonymous
- Mobile apps for the little people