The Legislature’s House Democratic and Republican caucuses have released their policy agendas for economic recovery and job creation. But between the divergence of those agendas, duration of the Legislature’s short, upcoming session, and partisan politics in an election year, the business community may wind up holding its breath.
Following national trends, Oregon’s manufacturing sector saw modest employment gains last year after more than a decade of decline aggravated by the Great Recession. Oregon has gained 903 jobs between October 2010 to October 2011, an increase of 0.5%.
One of the CEO’s deliverables is creating a culture. One way to strongly influence that culture is by the example the CEO creates when she sets goals — for herself or others. Leadership expert Tom Cox shows CEOs how to set goals and how to follow up on those goals to make them even more effective.
- Internet search grows in Bend
- China's economic forecast: a business perspective
- Peer-to-peer vehicle sharing arrives
- Oregon's growing spirits industry
- The real estate seesaw will continue
- Big company CEOs don't plan to hire
- Oregon unemployment drops to lowest rate in three years
- Food-processing jobs go unfilled for lack of skilled workers, say employers