Following national trends, Oregon’s manufacturing sector saw modest employment gains last year after more than a decade of decline aggravated by the Great Recession. Oregon has gained 903 jobs between October 2010 to October 2011, an increase of 0.5%.
One of the CEO’s deliverables is creating a culture. One way to strongly influence that culture is by the example the CEO creates when she sets goals — for herself or others. Leadership expert Tom Cox shows CEOs how to set goals and how to follow up on those goals to make them even more effective.
Companies doing business with China, as well as companies doing business with other companies that do business in China, should understand both the upside and downside potential for that country’s economic outlook. Portland economist Bill Conerly shares his view on what he thinks corporate executives need to know about the Chinese economy.
Personal carsharing is coming to Portland in February. The new service allows car owners to rent out their own cars and spotlights a new "collaborative consumption" business model. Managing Editor Linda Baker reports on Getaround.
- Oregon's growing spirits industry
- The real estate seesaw will continue
- Big company CEOs don't plan to hire
- Oregon unemployment drops to lowest rate in three years
- Food-processing jobs go unfilled for lack of skilled workers, say employers
- Earnings rise for Oregon's top companies
- Good recruiting is good marketing
- PDX: More St. Louis, not so much Austin