Business and government leaders discuss clean energy technologies amid concerns about renewable energy policy and competition from China.
Remember that other people are motivated, not by your values, but by their values. Respect other people’s behavior and decisions as being illustrations of their values. Once you stop judging and condemning, and start respecting and listening, you’ll be far more effective, says leadership expert Tom Cox.
If you’re normal, the biggest opportunity your team faces is trusting each other even more. Until they can say anything to each other, and everybody can listen open-mindedly and never ever take offense – until you build your team up to that level, they will perform below their potential.
- Education reforms raise funding questions
- The PDX park cafe challenge
- Uncertainty dogs local wind companies
- The unrealized potential of East Portland
- On the scene: Emerging energy solutions
- Brady campaign puts New Seasons in spotlight
- Typhoon closure spotlights evolving restaurant scene
- Women working more, and less, in Oregon