I just had a client ask about how to best handle a nagging problem -- his people were loose and lax about keeping internal promises and hitting internal deadlines. It raises a question: How can you handle broken promises, with high integrity?
Pendleton Woolen Mills and Levi Strauss and Co. launched a collaborative collection of men's and women's trucker jackets last week, intended for buyers of American-made products. It's the latest in a series of apparel collaborations for the iconic Oregon company that manages 75 stores and employs 900 people.
Just months after opening its fourth course in June, the Bandon Dunes Golf Resort has completed the permitting process to add a fifth course to its collection of world-class links golf courses, providing more games along the coastal sand dunes, the environment in which the game originated.
Now that election day is behind us the next question is: What next? When will the economy turn around and how? Where will the jobs come from? Who will create them? Clearly they will not be in the public sector. What’s next for the private sector?
The Oregon Shakespeare Festival has closed its 75th Anniversary year with record attendance and revenue numbers. Despite the rainy Oregon summer and the weak economy, the OSF sold 414,783 tickets (94% of capacity) and earned $18.5 million, an increase of 8% over 2009.
- On The Scene: Portland gets its app on
- Businesses that adapt can prosper
- Under-developed tourism industry holds promise for Southwestern Oregon
- What a volatile economy means to banks
- Columbia's Omni-Heat gear heats up sales
- How CIOs can earn greater trust from the executive team
- Foreclosures will not budge, and neither will some homeowners
- Jobs Watch: Intel commitment brings needed momentum