The new Innovation Program in Portland State’s Maseeh College of Engineering is already cooking up some interesting projects, including a novel water filtration system, a mechanism for measuring traffic on foot-bridges, and a noise cancellation mechanism for cars.
University of Portland’s Buckley Center was filled with eager students, professionals and community members last weekend for a conference titled “Transforming Our Energy Futures.” The event painted a rosy picture of progress for alternative energy initiatives across the region - in spite of both federal and state inability to pass key energy legislation.
- Spend less because taxes will rise
- Search is on for clean tech leaders
- PDC passes the torch to Quinton
- Politics intrude on Oregon-Israel event
- Avoiding Arrogance
- Obama praises Intel for investing in Oregon
- On the Scene: Tourism recovering in Portland
- Kitzhaber visits the shipyard to promote ideas for boosting jobs