Economic uncertainty is only one significant issue facing the telecom industry now, but it intertwines with the technological changes and social changes that are causing so much turmoil in the industry. Once the path for consumer and business spending is defined, the other changes affecting the industry will fall into clearer focus.
Greg Cole and his growing team at Windward Performance recently sawed a hole in the wall of one of the seven hangars they occupy at Bend Municipal Airport to make room for their newest project: a non-motorized glider designed to soar to 90,000 feet above sea level. That would set a new world record for manned, wing borne, sustained level flight.
Last year drought in the Klamath basin delayed irrigation flows until mid-May. The water shortage meant millions of dollars lost from unplanted crops and rough economic ripples through an already beleaguered community. But irrigation started on time this year, and that has the area hoping for job creation.
- Wage violations? There's an app for that, too
- On the Scene: Companies That Care symposium
- Coast attractions hope for better summer
- Hostile culture will kill "lean" efforts
- On the Scene at the Oregon CEO Summit
- New med school brings jobs
- On the Scene: SEO keyword seminar
- Methane digester projects progress