What is it about Portland that makes it a hub for a new type of business that focuses just as much on sustainability as on profits? In a room packed with MBA students, small business owners and local politicians, three young, innovative CEOs explained the answer on a recent panel titled "Not Your Grandma's CEO: Innovative Leadership from the Pacific Northwest."
Seasoned executive and turnaround expert Bob Papes has engineered five consecutive turnarounds of businesses in the $15 to $35 million range. What made Bob’s efforts successful? Bob uses one word: Team. Contributing columnist Tom Cox explains how to follow in Bob's footsteps.
Macy's Inc. and Target Corp. announced plans to open some stores at midnight on Thanksgiving, getting the earliest start to the holiday shopping season ever. With analysts predicting only modest sales gains, the season is likely to be highly competitive for store chains.
- Condit Dam breached
- Obama unveils new student loan payment rules
- Home prices climbing in half of U.S., but not in Portland
- Wikileaks suspends operations
- Chinese solar companies dispute SolarWorld's complaint
- Candid feedback saves a life
- Oregon unemployment stuck at 9.6 percent
- The seven biggest economic lies