Portland is temporarily closing Lownsdale and Chapman Squares to the public, the site where Occupy Portland demonstrators have been camped out for more than a month. At 12:01 a.m. Sunday Nov. 13, all people and property in the squares will be subject to enforcement of local laws, according to Portland Mayor Sam Adams.
What is it about Portland that makes it a hub for a new type of business that focuses just as much on sustainability as on profits? In a room packed with MBA students, small business owners and local politicians, three young, innovative CEOs explained the answer on a recent panel titled "Not Your Grandma's CEO: Innovative Leadership from the Pacific Northwest."
- Senators offer Postal Service rescue plan
- Turnarounds and revitalizing with Bob Papes
- Stores get head start on Black Friday
- Big banks backing off fees
- Condit Dam breached
- Obama unveils new student loan payment rules
- Home prices climbing in half of U.S., but not in Portland
- Wikileaks suspends operations