In the past, picturing alternative energy solutions might have conjured up images of a VW bus running on vegetable oil reclaimed from local fast food joints. Now, especially in the Northwest, new energy solutions are so much more.
Typhoon closed one month after being charged with unfair labor practices. But the restaurant's closure also spotlights changes in Portland's ethnic food scene. Managing editor Linda Baker reports on Typhoon and culinary authenticity.
- Democratic, Republican economic agendas put forth
- The business case for retrofitting schools
- New LGBTQ magazine to start up
- SolarWorld holiday card called racist
- Making the case for Portland's global cred
- Women help power startup scene
- Oregon manufacturing sees small uptick in jobs
- How CEOs can set effective goals