Payroll taxes are by no means the only thing that stops people from working, but one of President Obama’s payroll tax cut proposals could nonetheless create a million or more jobs, according to economics professor Casey B. Mulligan.
Pay for performance systems are easy to get wrong — encouraging the wrong behaviors while creating uncertainty and resentment. Here are four steps to getting them right, developed with the input of turnaround CEO Bob Papes.
- Oregon foreclosures trending down
- Oregon unemployment ticks higher
- The customer is always right — and talkative
- Create trust with the humble job description
- The danger of structural unemployment
- Flailing newspaper economy takes experience down with it
- Creating jobs without increasing the deficit
- Conerly forecasts moderate economic growth