Seasoned executive and turnaround expert Bob Papes has engineered five consecutive turnarounds of businesses in the $15 to $35 million range. What made Bob’s efforts successful? Bob uses one word: Team. Contributing columnist Tom Cox explains how to follow in Bob's footsteps.
Macy's Inc. and Target Corp. announced plans to open some stores at midnight on Thanksgiving, getting the earliest start to the holiday shopping season ever. With analysts predicting only modest sales gains, the season is likely to be highly competitive for store chains.
Crews blasted a hole in the nearly century-old Condit Dam in Washington's south Cascades in order to restore habitat for endangered and threatened fish. The dam once produced enough power for 7,000 homes, but PacifiCorp decided to remove the dam instead of install expensive fish passage structures.
Home prices climbed in August in half of major U.S. cities, a sign that prices are beginning to stabilize. However, prices remained stagnant in Portland.
- Chinese solar companies dispute SolarWorld's complaint
- Candid feedback saves a life
- Oregon unemployment stuck at 9.6 percent
- The seven biggest economic lies
- CEO Scott Schroeder discusses outsourcing
- Blackberry outage threatens troubled company
- Obama's jobs bill faces first hurdle with Senate vote
- Why we mourn Steve Jobs