Macy's Inc. and Target Corp. announced plans to open some stores at midnight on Thanksgiving, getting the earliest start to the holiday shopping season ever. With analysts predicting only modest sales gains, the season is likely to be highly competitive for store chains.
Crews blasted a hole in the nearly century-old Condit Dam in Washington's south Cascades in order to restore habitat for endangered and threatened fish. The dam once produced enough power for 7,000 homes, but PacifiCorp decided to remove the dam instead of install expensive fish passage structures.
- Home prices climbing in half of U.S., but not in Portland
- Wikileaks suspends operations
- Chinese solar companies dispute SolarWorld's complaint
- Oregon unemployment stuck at 9.6 percent
- The seven biggest economic lies
- Blackberry outage threatens troubled company
- Obama's jobs bill faces first hurdle with Senate vote
- Why we mourn Steve Jobs