Portland is temporarily closing Lownsdale and Chapman Squares to the public, the site where Occupy Portland demonstrators have been camped out for more than a month. At 12:01 a.m. Sunday Nov. 13, all people and property in the squares will be subject to enforcement of local laws, according to Portland Mayor Sam Adams.
Macy's Inc. and Target Corp. announced plans to open some stores at midnight on Thanksgiving, getting the earliest start to the holiday shopping season ever. With analysts predicting only modest sales gains, the season is likely to be highly competitive for store chains.
- Condit Dam breached
- Obama unveils new student loan payment rules
- Home prices climbing in half of U.S., but not in Portland
- Wikileaks suspends operations
- Chinese solar companies dispute SolarWorld's complaint
- Oregon unemployment stuck at 9.6 percent
- The seven biggest economic lies
- Blackberry outage threatens troubled company