BY ERIC FLOWERS | OB CORRESPONDENT
In 2009, Brad Irwin formally launched what is now Central Oregon’s second craft distillery, Oregon Spirit Distillers, in a small warehouse building just a block or two from the Parkway on Bend’s eastside. Today, he’s part of a growing class of craft distillers who are catering to the public’s appetite for artisan spirits.
BY BRANDON SAWYER | OB RESEARCH EDITOR
Oregon prides itself on being a small-business state, but its moms-and-pops and start-ups are not feeling loved. According to a recent survey of small business owners, the state's economy is worse off than the rest of the country.
BY EMMA HALL | OB WEB EDITOR
Investment in renewable energy manufacturing and projects in Oregon totals over $9 billion, according to a new report by the Renewable Northwest Project released for Earth Day.
BY LINDA BAKER | OB EDITOR
Rough & Ready, the 90-year old mill featured in our current issue, shut down yesterday.
- Charting the online ed disruption
- Nike's Parker is 4th-highest-paid U.S. CEO
- Meat eaters unite
- AP Stylebook nixes 'illegal immigrant'
- Could legalizing same-sex marriage boost Oregon's economy?
- Elephants lead zoo expansion
- Good season despite climate change worries
- Portland's eco-roof industry falls short