Wilsonville-based FLIR Systems announced this morning an agreement to acquire ICx Technologies for $274 million. FLIR, maker of thermal imaging and camera system products, will pay $7.55 per share for the detection and surveillance company based in Arlington, VA.
Portland-based Cascade Web Development has launched a product that takes live video to the next level. From the offices of their 1930's railcar, Cascade Web Development recently introduced new video software called Brandlive.
The solar co-op effort, which originated in
The legendary Hamburger Mary’s is headed back to Portland and sparking a fury of excitement, especially from the gay community that remembers the flamboyant and popular burger joint from years past. The franchise announced it's planning to make the Rose City its 11th outlet, but has kept the location under wraps while negotiating a lease.
Doug Hoschek spent the 1980s traveling the country selling his new invention — Polar Fleece, which he says he invented in 1980. Hoschek, 64, has lived and breathed the textile industry his entire life. Although his claim to fame is the innovation of synthetic textiles, Hoschek argues that Oregon could have a bright future in wool.
- Port looks ahead for new connections, deeper channel
- Bike culture grows in PDX with new business
- Law bans employment credit checks
- Keeping PDX a hot spot for app development
- The Frog hops as the art world adapts
- Timbers season ticket sales spike
- Rain has been berry, berry bad
- Marijuana advocates plan to appeal reclassification