The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency today announced it will defer for three years any greenhouse gas permitting requirements for biomass, potentially boosting the industry that Oregon advocates say can create thousands of jobs, provide a renewable fuel source for the state, and propel thinning projects in national forests.
Umpqua Bank opened its newest location today on SE Hawthorne Boulevard, a branch styled as a folksy hangout to further the bank's goal of embedding in Portland neighborhoods. This is the first of five "stores" that Umpqua plans to build through 2011, an expansion by 25% within the metro area for Oregon's dominant regional bank.
Fiscal calamity or a decade of budget austerity loom for Oregon as the recession leaves thousands of Oregonians jobless and the demand for government money outpaces its ability to pay for services, business and political leaders agreed on Monday.
- Boeing Air Force contract would bring 300 jobs, $14 million to Oregon
- Hemp startup weaves its way into flax
- Design Forum/PDX brings job hopes
- FedEx ramps up in Troutdale
- Pendleton partners with Levi's
- Groupon comes to Salem
- Bandon Dunes to add another course
- Oregon Shakespeare Festival shatters records for attendance and revenue