Fiscal calamity or a decade of budget austerity loom for Oregon as the recession leaves thousands of Oregonians jobless and the demand for government money outpaces its ability to pay for services, business and political leaders agreed on Monday.
Boeing anticipates the creation of 300 jobs and $14 million in annual impact in Oregon if the company wins its bid to build the Boeing NewGen Tanker for the U.S. Air Force.
The City of Portland Economic Development Strategy has a goal of creating 10,000 jobs within the next five years through an industry cluster strategy. The initiative has fostered some promising projects for job growth within the Portland metro area.
FedEx's new 447,000-square-foot shipping facility in Troutdale is humming with activity as the company prepares for the holiday madness. Local managers have hired part time and full time workers and employment at the facility is up to 550 jobs and growing.
Pendleton Woolen Mills and Levi Strauss and Co. launched a collaborative collection of men's and women's trucker jackets last week, intended for buyers of American-made products. It's the latest in a series of apparel collaborations for the iconic Oregon company that manages 75 stores and employs 900 people.
- Groupon comes to Salem
- Bandon Dunes to add another course
- Oregon Shakespeare Festival shatters records for attendance and revenue
- Businesses that adapt can prosper
- Under-developed tourism industry holds promise for Southwestern Oregon
- Columbia's Omni-Heat gear heats up sales
- Foreclosures will not budge, and neither will some homeowners
- The hair design business keeps growing