Gov. John Kitzhaber announced new initiatives designed to boost manufacturing jobs before meeting with executives from several major employers Wednesday.
A national food safety group is gearing up to sue the federal government over the controversial practice of planting genetically modified alfalfa seeds. Farmers are following the issue with great interest in Oregon, where alfalfa is a $175 million crop.
- Long journey for Oregon Trail game
- Facebook hits Oregon Trail
- Lompoc expands in North Portland
- State sues Countrywide for $14 million
- Funding, pay and graduation rates lag for Oregon universities
- Bob's Red Mill donates $5 million to OSU
- OSU strengthens connections with the private sector
- EPA backs away from biomass regulations