Lane Powell was recognized as one of the nation’s “Best Law Firms” by U.S. News and Best Lawyers in its 2014 “Best Law Firms” survey. The Firm was ranked in 14 practices areas nationally and more than 50 practice areas in Alaska, Portland and Seattle.
BEND, OR—A sold-out crowd of 425 Bend Venture Conference attendees last Friday heard the pitches of five Launch Stage finalists and six Concept Stage finalists. In addition, they listened to an inspired and insightful “fireside chat” with Steve Blank, a serial entrepreneur and one of the founders of the Lean Startup movement in entrepreneurship.
Whitney S. Button has joined Lane Powell as an attorney in the Firm’s Litigation Practice Group, where she will focus her practice on commercial litigation.
Lane Powell Shareholder Parna A. Mehrbani was recently elected Chair of the Trade Names Subcommittee for the International Trademark Association (“INTA”), a not-for-profit membership association dedicated to the support and advancement of trademarks and related intellectual property as elements of fair and effective commerce.
Governor John A. Kitzhaber recently appointed Lane Powell Shareholder Walter W. McMonies to serve a four-year term as the Multifamily Stakeholder Member on the Oregon Seismic Safety Policy Advisory Commission (“OSSPAC”), which is dedicated to promoting earthquake awareness and preparedness through education, research and legislation.
Bird Elected Vice President-Portland of National Association of Corporate Directors Northwest Chapter
Lane Powell Shareholder A. Jeffery Bird was recently elected vice president-Portland of the Seattle-based Northwest chapter of the National Association of Corporate Directors (“NACD”).
Portland’s acclaimed Wordstock Festival Book Fair, the annual celebration of reading and writing, will move from the Oregon Convention Center to the campus of Portland State University in 2015.
Delight 2013, a two-day experience design conference October 7-8 in Portland, has announced a new full-day Digital Strategy workshop featuring Colin O’Neill and Barbara Holmes of ISITE Design.
Lane Powell Defeats 'Boston' Band Founder Tom Scholz's Motion to Enjoin Former Boston Member's Use of the Boston Trademark
Lane Powell scored a significant victory for “Boston” former lead singer Fran Cosmo and his guitarist son Anthony, over claims of alleged trademark infringement. On Tuesday, August 20, a federal judge in Seattle rejected Boston founder Tom Scholz’s efforts to block former band members Fran and Anthony Cosmo from referring to themselves as “former members” of Boston.
- Solar Now! University travels to Coos Bay to grow clean energy programs
- Fifty-Six Lane Powell Attorneys - Including 29 Portland Attorneys - Named Best Lawyers in America 2014
- Pinkstaff Elected as Board President of Court Appointed Special Advocates of Clackamas County
- Lane Powell and Attorneys Bodine, Minsk and Legaard Named as 'Top' in the 2013 IAM Patent 1000
- Preferred Worker Program gives businesses an edge on their competition
- KISS' Tommy Thayer and Friends Return for Legends 2013
- Portland Business Alliance to honor executive and company for support of women in the workplace
- Nai Nbs Brokers Sale Of Block 296; Redevelopment Will Feature New Seasons Market And 115 Apartments