Dunn Carney will host its annual Ag Summit on Jan. 10, 2014 at the Holiday Inn in Wilsonville, OR. We are very pleased to welcome Dr. Sherri Noxel, Director of the Austin Family Business Program at Oregon State University College of Business as our Keynote speaker.
The Naa Amerley Palm Education ("NAPE") Foundation recently awarded two more Lane Powell/Lee Nusich Scholarships to deserving students attending institutions of higher learning in Ghana. Including the most recent recipients, a total of 48 scholarships have been awarded to Ghanaian university students since the scholarship foundation started in January 2009.
Unitus Community Credit Union, a Portland-based credit union with more than 80,000 members, has announced the addition of Brian Alfano as Vice President of Member Services. Alfano will provide strategic leadership over Unitus’ member experience to ensure consistency across delivery channels, including branch operations, member support, and products and services.
Lane Powell was recognized as one of the nation’s “Best Law Firms” by U.S. News and Best Lawyers in its 2014 “Best Law Firms” survey. The Firm was ranked in 14 practices areas nationally and more than 50 practice areas in Alaska, Portland and Seattle.
BEND, OR—A sold-out crowd of 425 Bend Venture Conference attendees last Friday heard the pitches of five Launch Stage finalists and six Concept Stage finalists. In addition, they listened to an inspired and insightful “fireside chat” with Steve Blank, a serial entrepreneur and one of the founders of the Lean Startup movement in entrepreneurship.
Whitney S. Button has joined Lane Powell as an attorney in the Firm’s Litigation Practice Group, where she will focus her practice on commercial litigation.
Lane Powell Shareholder Parna A. Mehrbani was recently elected Chair of the Trade Names Subcommittee for the International Trademark Association (“INTA”), a not-for-profit membership association dedicated to the support and advancement of trademarks and related intellectual property as elements of fair and effective commerce.
Governor John A. Kitzhaber recently appointed Lane Powell Shareholder Walter W. McMonies to serve a four-year term as the Multifamily Stakeholder Member on the Oregon Seismic Safety Policy Advisory Commission (“OSSPAC”), which is dedicated to promoting earthquake awareness and preparedness through education, research and legislation.
Bird Elected Vice President-Portland of National Association of Corporate Directors Northwest Chapter
Lane Powell Shareholder A. Jeffery Bird was recently elected vice president-Portland of the Seattle-based Northwest chapter of the National Association of Corporate Directors (“NACD”).
- In 2015, Wordstock Festival Book Fair Will Move to Portland State University
- Delight 2013 Digital Strategy Workshop to Feature Colin O’Neill and Barbara Holmes of ISITE Design
- Lane Powell Defeats 'Boston' Band Founder Tom Scholz's Motion to Enjoin Former Boston Member's Use of the Boston Trademark
- Solar Now! University travels to Coos Bay to grow clean energy programs
- Fifty-Six Lane Powell Attorneys - Including 29 Portland Attorneys - Named Best Lawyers in America 2014
- Pinkstaff Elected as Board President of Court Appointed Special Advocates of Clackamas County
- Lane Powell and Attorneys Bodine, Minsk and Legaard Named as 'Top' in the 2013 IAM Patent 1000
- Preferred Worker Program gives businesses an edge on their competition