Police gather vehicle and driver information in two problematic ways. They can either enter license plate numbers into a computer, which requires them to be inside their cruisers and distracts them while driving, or they can call a human dispatcher and wait for clear radio bands. Warren Harrison, head of Portland State University’s computer science department, decided to do something about it.
Oregon’s health plan providers are facing new challenges as national health care reform rolls out.
- Startup turns methanol and water into hydrogen
- Port of Bandon reclaims seafood plant
- Workers' comp costs fall over time
- Richard Singer's vision for NW 23rd
- Nike helps nonprofits from Oregon to Sudan
- Counties, timber company exchange property
- SAM Medical expands in Wilsonville
- Geothermal investments heat up
- David Evans gets NOAA contract
- Injury ends football career, but leads to innovation
- Oregon draws from California, exports to Washington
- Projects spark energy in Eugene