Some 85% of the 900 adult foster homes in metropolitan Portland are owned by first- and second-generation Romanians. “They dominate the industry here,” says Grover Simmons, a lobbyist for the Independent Adult Foster Home Association of Oregon.
Portland Google executive Alan M. Moss, director of online sales for the Americas, stopped by Southeast Portland in late May as part of an effort by Google to publicize its massive economic impact. After the event Moss sat down with managing editor Ben Jacklet.
- Wave energy faces another delay
- Dick Sass launches innovation fund
- Statewide ban on butterfly bush forces nurseries to adapt
- TV show Leverage lifts Portland economy
- Oregon wineries target Hong Kong, mainland China
- Legacy Health's CEO revitalizes with reform
- Reader Input: Support is strong for financial reform
- From the editor: And then there were two