Pendleton is beginning a citywide initiative to install solar panels on residential homes with an eye toward eventual job creation and a niche market for renewable energy.
A new waste-to-energy pilot plant in Arlington shows that there may still be jobs in waste, no matter how fancy the technology gets.
Precise Flight, a Bend manufacturing company, started thinking in the late 1990s of ways to decrease the number of bird strikes to airplanes. The result is a headlight called the Pulselite that is specialized to bird vision.
- PSU German students learn business
- Rural doctor talks success, health care
- Female exec consortium forms in Bend
- Shepherds Flat project boosts rural employment
- Exporters follow the money to China
- Oregon's auto import business crashes
- gDiapers brings sustainability to diaper world
- Spring sprouts economic hope
- Priorities for public servants