Our annual ranking of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in Oregon turns 17 this year with nearly 20,000 employees participating. Oregon Business research editor Brandon Sawyer and research partner Davis, Hibbitts & Midghall calculated the rankings based on confidential employee surveys and a benefits report completed by each company.
What do the Top 10 Best Companies do that keeps their employees motivated, loyal and upbeat? It’s as big as paying 100% of health care insurance and as small as a contest for the ugliest shirt. And let’s not forget the free massage.
Private companies dominate the 100 Best Companies this year, as does the professional service sector. We specifically crunched the numbers on health benefits, with our analysis showing that robust health care plans were important to being a Best Company.
There were nearly 20,000 employees from 303 companies who participated in our 17th annual 100 Best Companies to Work For in Oregon survey. It might not have been the best year for business, with a bad economy hanging on, but you wouldn’t know it by how our 2010 winners treated their employees.
- Oregon's romance industry grows
- Mercy Corps misses out on text giving
- Portland developer builds app business
- Precision Castparts grows with 15th acquisition
- "Economic gardening" nurtures small businesses
- Oregon's first crafts guild launches
- Stagecraft Industries serves Northwest productions
- Intel hones green-power strategy
- Laika plans next act after successful year
- Recession creates buyback boom
- Floating homes weather housing crisis
- Learning.com improves classroom teaching