With a growing publishing house in Baker City, a top book review website out of Hillsboro and thriving communities of about 180 writers in Salem and Portland, Oregon is grabbing a slice of the $1.36 billion romance-fiction market.
The Red Cross has raised about $255 million for Haiti, $32 million of it, 12.5%, by text message. Mercy Corps, which is much smaller, has raised $11.4 million from donors via the web, phone and in-person donations. But nothing by text.
- Oregon's first crafts guild launches
- Stagecraft Industries serves Northwest productions
- Intel hones green-power strategy
- Laika plans next act after successful year
- Recession creates buyback boom
- Floating homes weather housing crisis
- Learning.com improves classroom teaching
- Best practices weathering the storm
- Economy doesn't stop 100 Best