Oregon State University professor Jim White was deconstructing Cymbalta, a popular anti-depressant, when he discovered a hole in its molecular skeleton. White saw that as his opening for creating a new, more effective anti-depressant.
Our annual ranking of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in Oregon turns 17 this year with nearly 20,000 employees participating. Oregon Business research editor Brandon Sawyer and research partner Davis, Hibbitts & Midghall calculated the rankings based on confidential employee surveys and a benefits report completed by each company.
- Secrets to employee satisfaction
- The 100 Best Companies: By the numbers
- Best companies provide care, leadership and fun
- No housing in Pendleton
- Local designer leads sewing revolution
- Oregon's romance industry grows
- Mercy Corps misses out on text giving
- Portland developer builds app business
- Precision Castparts grows with 15th acquisition
- "Economic gardening" nurtures small businesses
- Oregon's first crafts guild launches
- Stagecraft Industries serves Northwest productions