100 BEST METHODOLOGY
EMPLOYEE SURVEYThe survey is voluntary and free of charge. Participating private and public companies, nonprofits and government agencies must have at least 15 Oregon employees at the time of taking the survey. Employers are categorized as small if they have 15-49 employees worldwide; medium if they employ 50-249; and large if they employ 250 or more. For the 2010 survey nearly 20,000 Oregon workers rated their satisfaction with 303 employers in 50 workplace qualities — 10 in each of the following categories:
1. Benefits and compensation: health coverage, fitness and wellness, retirement plan, compensation, employee retention.
2. Work environment: scheduling, diversity, family balance, teamwork, fun, technology, community work, policies and procedures.
3. Decision-making and trust: collaboration and cooperation, creativity, trust and openness, organizational pride, ethical standards.
4. Performance management: performance feedback and goals, employee accountability, rewards and acknowledgement.
5. Career development and learning: opportunities, promotions, employee training, educational support, management diversity and communications.
EMPLOYER BENEFITS SURVEYCompany representatives answered more than 50 questions covering a comprehensive set of benefits including health and wellness, time off, family-friendly policies, work scheduling, incentives, retirement plans and culture.
SCORINGThe employee survey counts for 5/6 of a company's score. For each company, the average employee rating is calculated in each of the five categories on a scale of 0-100. The employer benefits survey is also scored on a 100-point scale, accounting for the remaining 1/6 of the overall score, and resulting in a total possible score of 600.
HOW TO ENTER THE 100 BEST1. Eligibility: Any private or public company, subsidiary or division, nonprofit or government agency with at least 15 Oregon-based, regular employees is eligible to enter the survey. The organization may be headquartered outside the state.
2. Survey period: The process for 2010's list will begin in August and end in November 2010. There is no charge to participate, and companies that do not make the list will remain anonymous. All participants that complete the process can obtain survey results.
3. Submitting your company: Send an e-mail with the name, title, phone number and e-mail address of the person who will act as the 100 Best contact to: 100best(at)oregonbusiness.com. .
4. Mark your calendar: The survey sign-up link will also be posted to www.oregon100best.com in August.
|Want to see all the 100 Best articles for 2010?
Want to have the full list?
Click the PayPal button now to start your order!
NEW! Also receive the current 2014 list along with your 2010 list.
For only $12 safely purchased with your PayPal account, you will receive:
1. An Excel spreadsheet with the full data from both 2010 AND 2013 for you to sort, manipulate and research with all 100 winners
2. A PDF of the lists in our easy-to-read magazine layout
3. New content not available in other versions, including:
You will receive the files to your PayPal account's email address immediately after purchase.
Problems? Please contact us.
Click the PayPal button at right to start your order.
Previews of your purchase: