Grande Ronde Hospital in La Grande is a rural, 25-bed facility with no cardiologist on staff. Two years ago, a heart patient there would have had to drive three hours to Boise. But now patients can get instant, face-to-face appointments with a cardiologist without anyone driving anywhere.
Gourmet chocolate lover Ashley Rahll says she always has at least one chocolate bar on hand at home. But a recent trip to Portland chocolate retailer Cacao with friend Adam Morris meant an extra-special splurge on a spicy dark drinking chocolate and single-malt scotch chocolate.
Last year, the Oregon Institute of Technology became the first university in the nation to award degrees in renewable energy engineering. Now the Klamath Falls-based school is on its way to becoming the world’s first geothermal-powered campus, with a 1.5-megawatt geothermal power plant due to be completed by the spring of 2010.
- Portland's downtown downturn
- Hip chicks sell out as urbanites flock to buy
- Baby, you can drive my electric car
- Gilliam County jobs up in the dumps
- Jobs at arts, entertainment and recreation facilities grow over last year
- The PDX-BK connection
- The bootmaker's daughter
- Reader input: health benefits
- Here to help small businesses
- Food for thought