Near record-high gold prices are drawing growing numbers of cash-strapped Oregonians to the state’s pawn shops with items ranging from the sentimental — pocket watches — to the odd — gold nuggets and dental crowns.
Oregon’s new workplace smoking ban is a big reason why lottery and video poker sales in bars and restaurants dropped 20% in January and 15% in February compared to the same time last year, according to the Oregon Restaurant Association.
Alice Doyle has been in the nursery business long enough to pick up on a powerful trend in plants.
- Portland list-o-phrenia
- Graphic: Minority population growth 2000-2008
- Hoping for a playoff payoff
- Graphic: U.S and Oregon electricity generation
- Growers predict abundant labor
- Focus turns to green building efficiencies
- Graphic: Composition of state and local business taxes
- Retaliation claims rise along with pink slips
- January '09 transportation indicators
- January '09 real estate and construction indicators
- January '09 farming, natural resources and energy
- The vast underground economy grows in Oregon - and globally