Company participation in the 100 Best survey is voluntary and free of charge. Participating companies must employ at least 15 Oregon workers. Companies are categorized as small if they employ less than 250 people; large companies are those with 250 or more employees. This year, more than 25,000 employees in Oregon rated their satisfaction with 312 employers in 50 workplace qualities — 10 in each of the following categories.
- Benefits and compensation: health coverage, fitness program, retirement plan, salary and bonuses, employee retention
- Work environment: scheduling, diversity, family balance, teamwork, fun, technology, charity/community work, policies and procedures
- Decision-making and trust: collaboration, trust and openness, cooperation across divisions, organizational pride, ethical standards
- Performance management: performance feedback and goals, employee accountability, rewards and incentives
- Career development and learning: opportunities, promotions, employee training, educational support, company communications
Employer benefits survey
Company representatives answered 45 questions covering a comprehensive set of benefits including health and wellness plans, time off, family-friendly policies, work scheduling, incentives, retirement plans and corporate culture.
The employee survey counts for 5/6 of a participating company’s score. For each company, the average employee rating is calculated in each of the five categories on a scale of 0-100. The benefits survey is also scored on a 100-point scale, accounting for the remaining 1/6 of the overall score.
How to enter the 100 Best
- Eligibility: Any private or public company, nonprofit or government agency with at least 15 Oregon-based employees is eligible to enter the 100 Best survey. The organization itself may be headquartered outside the state.
- Survey period: The process for 2009’s list begins in early October and ends in late November 2008. There is no charge to participate, and organizations that do not make the list will remain anonymous. All participants that complete the process can obtain survey results.
- Submitting your organization: Send an e-mail with the name, title, phone number and e-mail address of the person at your organization who will act as the 100 Best contact to: 100best(at)oregonbusiness.com. We will e-mail all contacts at the start of the process.
- Mark your calendar; The survey sign-up link will also be posted to www.oregonbusiness.com/100best/ by early October.
Have an opinion? E-mail feedback(at)oregonbusiness.com