When it comes to fundamental biological research, the fruit fly has long been the classic model organism on which scientists experiment.
The employment services industry provided about 40,800 jobs in Oregon in July 2008.
Rural communities around the state suffered this summer from a round of cuts to air service, but fall is bringing a little relief as United Airlines/Skywest Airlines this month begins service between Portland and both Klamath Falls and North Bend-Coos Bay.
Concerned about a proliferation of wind farms just small enough to fall outside of its jurisdiction, the state Department of Energy has notified Harney County that it wants to examine several recently approved wind-generation projects.
- Graphic: Oregon film and video industry grows 66%, 2002-07
- Don’t ask; read my Twitter
- Eastern dry-land wheat farmers ask for relief
- Graphic: Oregon employment by business size
- Industry glut clouds solar job forecast
- Olympics buoy swim clubs
- July '08 employment and business indicators
- July '08 transportation indicators
- July '08 real estate and construction indicators
- July '08 farming, natural resources and energy indicators