When Oregon became the first state in the nation to pass a bottle bill in 1971, the program built swiftly into a success, with a recovery rate of more than 90%.
As of mid-November, three Oregon banks are in line to get a federal infusion of cash.
Job loss, higher food costs and lower wages are forcing more and more Oregonians to turn to food banks for help.
As the dust settled following November’s election, Oregon taxpayers found themselves on the line for a relatively small price tag for ballot measures.
The sales of Tektronix and Longview Fibre were two of the biggest merger and acquisition deals cut in the Northwest in 2007, worth a combined $5 billion.
- Amazon on the Columbia
- California's marine reserve efforts may shed light on Oregon's
- Taking the temp at the job fairs
- Summit agenda full of urgency
- Recession? Not at the Christmas shops
- Graphic: Oregon Christmas trees sold by species
- A tiny fashion cluster
- Keeping employee spirits up in a downturn
- Trimming the office party without cutting the fun
- September '08 employment and business indicators
- September '08 transportation indicators
- September '08 real estate and construction indicators