The loss of 100 Oregon jobs from Denver-based Qwest, part of 1,200 jobs the telecom company said it would cut nationwide by year’s end, is another blow to an already shrinking job sector in Oregon.
When Oregon became the first state in the nation to pass a bottle bill in 1971, the program built swiftly into a success, with a recovery rate of more than 90%.
As of mid-November, three Oregon banks are in line to get a federal infusion of cash.
- Food industry helps the hungry
- Graphic: Portland ranks low among metros for charitable fundraising
- Politics beat bucks in ballot measures battle
- Mergers don’t help Oregon employment
- Amazon on the Columbia
- California's marine reserve efforts may shed light on Oregon's
- Taking the temp at the job fairs
- Summit agenda full of urgency
- Recession? Not at the Christmas shops
- Graphic: Oregon Christmas trees sold by species
- A tiny fashion cluster
- Keeping employee spirits up in a downturn