Rural rail lines in Oregon are the best hope some counties have to support industry, either what little forest products manufacturing that remains, or the potential for something greater in the future.
Oregon’s lodging industry is taking a significant financial hit as consumers and businesses cut out unnecessary expenditures such as travel from their budgets.
Despite what the state predicts, the Oregon Lottery still plans to provide the budgeted $1.324 billion to support state schools, parks and natural resources, job creation, and gambling treatment programs.
- Hood River economy holds steady
- 102 years later, still shucking along
- Uncle Ben says: Buy bonds to help Oregon
- Grant struggles with highest unemployment
- Website aims to streamline business process
- Graphic: Oregon university enrollment
- Graphic: Oregon farm potato sales by county
- Graphic: TriMet moves more than 100 million riders
- Graphic: Government jobs grow in 2008
- Next: the earthquake-proof wine rack
- Powerlist: General contractors