My family landed on the Space Coast of Florida in 1968, bewildered Rust Belt astronauts trying to make their way.
It’s no surprise given the state’s alarming employment trends that one can hardly throw a shoe these days without hitting a politician who claims to be creating jobs.
You know the pendulum has swung when the government is backing loans that banks won’t touch.
- University endowments decline
- Hospital jobs down, but sector steady
- Good news for small papers
- Economist Eric Fruits on Oregon’s jobless rate
- Even the A.G. is pushing for job creation
- Business bankruptcies increase 67% in 2008
- Mt. Bachelor attempts to win back skiers
- Oregon turns 150 on Feb. 14
- Stocks that went up
- Health reform still plans Salem campaign
- Jobless fund steady despite rising claims
- Graphic: Western states' small-biz pay grows in '08
Page 1 of 5