The Employee Survey rated worker satisfaction and importance of 35 workplace qualities — 5 in each of the first five categories below, and 10 in Sustainable Practices:
- Work Environment: flexibility and work/life balance, diversity, teamwork and fun, workspace technology and efficiency, policies and procedures.
- Management & Communications: employee treatment, performance feedback, communications, discipline, rewards and acknowledgement.
- Decision-Making & Trust: shared accountability, trust in management, collaboration and involvement, community and charity, workplace pride.
- Career Development & Learning: on-the-job training, educational support, growth opportunities and promotions, job goals and expectations.
- Benefits & Compensation: compensation fairness and adequacy, health wellness plan, retirement plan, paid time off, raises and bonuses.
- Sustainable Practices: Used for 100 Best Green Cos. List
Company representatives answered more than 50 questions for the Employer Benefits Survey concerning health and wellness plans, time off, family-friendly policies, work scheduling, incentives, retirement plans, corporate culture and sustainable practices (used for 100 Best Green Cos. List)
Employee Survey satisfaction ratings from the first five categories count for 5/6 of the 100 Best Companies Score. The Employer Benefits Survey accounts for the remaining 1/6, resulting in a total possible score of 600.
How to Enter
The 100 Best Companies survey is voluntary and free of charge. Eligible public or private companies or divisions must be for-profit and have at least 15 full- or part-time employees in Oregon, but may be headquartered anywhere.
The survey period for the 2015 list commences in late August and ends in November 2014. Companies that do not make the list remain entirely anonymous and all companies that complete the process may obtain a fee or premium report of their individual survey results, highlighting workplace strengths and weaknesses.
To submit a company, send an email to 100best(at)oregonbusiness.com with the name, title, phone number, email address and company name of the person(s) who will coordinate the survey.
Find out more and look for the sign-up link in late August at oregonbusiness.com/100bestcompanies.