Portland has numerous business incubators that specialize in helping out the city's arts, crafts and design entrepreneurs.
Trillium Artisans, ADX and I Heart Art: Portland are just a few of these organizations dedicated to helping creative business owners.
...Trillium Artisans... started at a sewing circle in 1998, and today it’s funded by the Portland Development Commission and others to work with low-income craftspeople using recycled and reclaimed materials.
“We’re looking for people who really want to make their business work, not just considering it for a hobby on the side,” says Executive Director Amanda McCloskey. “It’s much more fun for everybody if somebody’s really trying to get their business going.”
Currently with 46 members, Trillium Artisans offers a three-year program of product feedback, business support and classes.
Read more at Neighborhood Notes.
- Portland Superfund cleanup to exceed $1B
- Portland Mayor to Make Special Appearance at The Love Summit on June 13th at Wieden+Kennedy
- Veteran Intel Manager Appointed to Parkinson’s Resources of Oregon Board
- Part 1: Lessons Learned From Holiday Favorites
- 2014 GoGreen Portland Conference Kicks Off Next Week