Thirty-three-year old Portland entrepreneur Hayden Hamilton has added a contact lens business called Luminous Lens to his growing list of successful startups.
Hamilton started his first business in college to compete with his college's textbook store, and later started GreenPrint and ProgressiveRX.com.
His newest business sells contact lenses for $9.99 a box.
The biggest hurdle he faces is that, under federal rules, contact lens prescriptions must include the brand name. There's no generic option.
"It's been a very challenging market to break into," he said.
So he's trying to work out deals with Costco and Walmart, which have ophthalmologists in their stores. "We'll be exploring that in 2011."
Read more at OregonLive.com.
- Intel to cut 784 jobs from local workforce
- Bend city officials and union take collaborative approach to negotiations
- Evraz to close pipe mill, lay off 230
- Founders of 10 Barrel Brewing, Sock It to Me, Skyward to Share Their Stories at OEN’s Entrepreneurial Summit: What’s Your Wilson?
- New Year, New Boards: Barran Liebman Attorneys Make A Difference