Columbia Sportswear Co. plans to buy OutDry, a water-proofing company, from Milan-based Nextec.
Columbia Sportswear Co. bought OutDry, an Italian company that specializes in waterproofing athletic gear.
Portland-based Columbia announced that they bought OutDry from Nextec in a cash transaction.
OutDry bonds a waterproof, breathable membrane to the outer layer of a shoe or glove. Mountain Hardware introduced a line of gloves manufactured using the technology in the fall of 2009.
"We liked the technology so much we decided to buy the company," Columbia spokesman Ron Parham said Wednesday. "We think they're sort of an undiscovered gem."
Read more at OregonLive.com.
- Remainder of Boardman Tree Farm sells to irrigation farm, set for clearcut
- Energy Trust of Oregon adds Lindsey Hardy to board
- SMPS Annual Dinner & Keynote — Celebrating A/E/C Leaders and Innovators
- How the Bend City Council addressed OSU Cascades' campus application
- OEN Announces Finalists for its Inaugural Game Changer Award