Log in
updated 6:19 PM PDT, May 28, 2016

University students design sustainable car interiors

University of Oregon product design students collaborate with local businesses to develop sustainable car interiors.

University of Oregon product design students collaborated with electric car manufacturer Arcimoto and material design company Uliko Studio to create sustainable car interiors.

The Workshop on Experimental Materials class is part of the Green Product Design Network.

The focus on a sustainable auto interior is important because, although 75 percent of a car is recyclable, the remaining 25 percent isn’t. The non-recyclable portions are usually found in the car’s interior, which is tailored to specific manufacturers.

“We had to come up with design systems that could be recycled,” class instructor Wonhee Arndt said.

Read more at the Oregon Daily Emerald.

{biztweet}sustainable car{/biztweet}

Last modified onMonday, 19 October 2015 11:39

Leave a comment

Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.

Get our original content straight to your inbox.
Enter your email below to sign up for our daily enewsletter