Oregon Business is an award-winning magazine founded in 1981. The magazine reaches more than 20,000 business, political and civic leaders across the state. It reports on a wide range of big-tent business topics.
In addition to the print magazine, the OB editorial staff produces OregonBusiness.com and a Monday-Friday e-newsletter. Editor Linda Baker, Senior Editor Emma Hall and Research Director Brandon Sawyer post blogs on the main page of oregonbusiness.com. The website also features contributed opinion pieces, a business tips column and other web exclusive content.
The signature project of the magazine is the 100 Best Companies to Work for in Oregon, and its two companion projects, the 100 Best Nonprofits and the 100 Best Green Companies.
Oregon Business welcomes story pitches by professional journalists for all departments in the magazine. Send those to editor(at)oregonbusiness.com. Please provide a resume and samples of work if you are new to the magazine. PR professionals also should send their pitches to the editor.
See Op-Ed and Business Tips submission guidelines here.
In addition to substantive analysis of statewide business issues and compelling features, the magazine each month looks for stories in these departments:
- Regional Reports: focuses on a specific city's or region's business issues
- Industry Updates: inside the challenges and growth of specific sectors
- Launch: profile of a start-up company
- Input: a survey of what OB readers think about current topics.
- Next: innovations from every sector
- Tactics: interviews with CEOs about what it takes to thrive and survive
- Powerlist: our ranking of the top companies in dozens of fields
No positions are open at this time.